Morning Circle Media President Cynthia Kreilick offers workshops for parents and educators on early literacy and cross-cultural understanding. Her bilingual children's books are featured in all of her trainings.
Cynthia speaks English, Spanish and French and can provide her trainings in these languages. She is PQAS-certified in the State of Pennsylvania.
For information about specific trainings, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainings in 2018 (trainings are billed at $175/hr):
- The Day of the Dead. What exactly is the Mexican Day of the Dead, and how is it like Halloween? We’ll read Catrina!, in Spanish and English, make a catrina doll and learn about the history and traditions related to this holiday.
- Puerto Rico: Isle of Enchantment. Explore the rain forest, the mangrove swamps, the lighthouses and Carnaval. We'll read Wake Up, Little Island!, in Spanish and English, and learn about the Taino, the indigenous people of Puerto Rico.
- What's Cookin'? What’s Baker Bear up to in his cozy kitchen? We'll read the bilingual children’s book, Baker Bear Bakes a Cake, in Spanish and English, and cook up some great activities to build reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in your early learning classroom.
- Spread Your Wings! Nadja and her dog, Pal, wander into a magical forest where all the birds are in cages, and they don’t want to come out! We read the bilingual children’s book, Freeing the Birds, in French and English, and create activities to develop reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Let's Cook For Ramadan! Learn about Islam and the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. We'll make tabbouleh and discuss ways to incorporate this holiday into the early learning curriculum.
- Literacy on the Playground. Read Slide! in Spanish and English, learn about one of Philadelphia's best playgrounds, and do activities related to gravity and friction for early learners.
- The Monarchs of Mexico. Each year, monarch butterflies make an amazing trip from the United States to Mexico. We’ll read the children’s picture book Lucha and Lola, in Spanish and English, and learn about monarch migration, habitat and conservation.